Thursday, October 03, 2002

Well, I guess I'll skip the bit where a LOT of us people, some of us with the signs and the big mouths, some of us just hanging about, got the ever living shit beat out of us by riot shields and very large night sticks, got zip-tie handcuffs (some feetcuffs, too), and filed into buses for a trip "downtown." My camera was kicked about 20 feet by some overweight white-boy-in-blue-with-aforementioned-big-stick-and-zip-ties, and I haven't seen it since. PROPERTY OF THE CITY OF WASHINGTON, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. I suppose. I'm pretty pissed about that, and I'm quite sure I'll never get a penny in return. So $500 and a weekend down the tube for standing in the street with a bunch of other people standing in the street. Great.

But soon I'm going to have to switch to second person, because I have to re-tell these two (similar) stories I heard in here. But first I have to tell you what happened between getting carted onto a Metro bus and being in this cell with these people, specifically this one guy and this one girl, and hearing these stories. Just cuz.

No comments: